Frank Stronach's homebred I'm the Tiger pounced on the lead for jockey Jerry Bailey and left his 13 foes well behind in the stretch en route to a surprisingly easy victory in the $300,000 Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park Saturday.
Lacking a clear standout, Tiger Heart, runner-up in last month's Vosburgh (gr. I), is the 7-2 morning line favorite among 18 sprinters entered for Saturday's $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) at Laurel Park.
Dazzling Pomeroy, ridden by Eibar Coa, scorched the field in the $200,000 Alfred. G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. II) on a hot day at Saratoga, the track where he won the King's Bishop (gr. I) last summer.
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Chris's Bad Boy looked into the eye of the 'Tiger' and stared him down, powering on to victory in the featured $135,750 Jacques Cartier Stakes on opening day Saturday at Woodbine.
Opening day Saturday at Woodbine could turn out to be a Fantastic Day for Robert Tiller, last year's champion conditioner in Canada, who sends out a prominent pair in the $133,950 Jacques Cartier Stakes, a seven-horse race that features tons of speed.
Now that he's resumed his healthy eating habits, Wando, the early Queen's Plate favorite, showed his appetite for victory on the racetrack, in taking Saturday's $135,875 Woodstock Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera