The first reported foal by multiple graded stakes winner Marcavelly is a colt born Feb. 11 at John Burness' Colebrook Farms near Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada.
Embassy Belle is winless in two starts in the United States, but the 5-year-old Irish-bred mare has far from disgraced herself. She returns to the downhill turf course Saturday in the $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (Gr. III) for older fillies and mares.
Trainer Bobby Frankel had plenty to say after the roughly-run Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Tuesday over Santa Anita's downhill turf course.
Laffit Pincay Jr. closed out the year in style Tuesday with three winning rides at Santa Anita, including the $114,700 Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Lil Sister Stich.
I'm The Business, a starter in Sunday's Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita, barely survived an extreme case of ulcers last year.
For Wildenstein Stable's favored Rolly Polly and jockey Patrick Valenzuela, the last stride of the $114,100 Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Saturday was the best one.
Green Hills Farm's favored Voodoo Dancer came from mid-pack in the stretch to mow down the front runners and score an easy win in the $150,000 Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Del Mar Sunday.
Voodoo Dancer, with assistant trainer Christophe Lorieul in the saddle, took a 6-furlong tour of the main track Thursday morning preparing for Sunday's 49th edition of the $150,000 Palomar Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Voodoo Dancer was scheduled to arrive Wednesday afternoon for her date Sunday in the $150,000 Palomar Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares 3 years old and up going 1 1/16 mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Solid Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts