Trainer Tony Pecoraro earned his 1,000th career victory in style Sept. 24 when I'm Steppin' It Up held off odds-on favorite King Congie to win the $265,300 Kent Stakes by two lengths at Delaware Park.
Highly-touted juvenile Uncle Mo was tested in the early going, but pulled clear in the stretch to win as a heavy favorite in the $300,000 Champagne (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru