Palace Malice, a prohibitive favorite at odds of 1-20, made easy work of his three opponents in the $142,500 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) May 11 at Belmont Park in his prep race for the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I).
Just three opponents have signed on to face Palace Malice in the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) May 11, when the 2013 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner returns to Belmont Park.
Trainer Tony Pecoraro earned his 1,000th career victory in style Sept. 24 when I'm Steppin' It Up held off odds-on favorite King Congie to win the $265,300 Kent Stakes by two lengths at Delaware Park.
Highly-touted juvenile Uncle Mo was tested in the early going, but pulled clear in the stretch to win as a heavy favorite in the $300,000 Champagne (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red