Fox Hill Farms' Normandy Invasion, away from the races for more than a year in part because of a fractured right front sesamoid, is scheduled to return in a $36,000 allowance event July 1 at Delaware Park.
Palace Malice, a prohibitive favorite at odds of 1-20, made easy work of his three opponents in the $142,500 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) May 11 at Belmont Park in his prep race for the Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I).
Just three opponents have signed on to face Palace Malice in the $150,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III) May 11, when the 2013 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner returns to Belmont Park.
Trainer Tony Pecoraro earned his 1,000th career victory in style Sept. 24 when I'm Steppin' It Up held off odds-on favorite King Congie to win the $265,300 Kent Stakes by two lengths at Delaware Park.
Highly-touted juvenile Uncle Mo was tested in the early going, but pulled clear in the stretch to win as a heavy favorite in the $300,000 Champagne (gr. I) Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
A long wait between races is in store for recent impressive 2-year-old winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes