Jockey Michael Straight made positive progress in his recovery from four fractured vertebrae and other injuries when his toes moved on their own Jan. 5.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight, seriously injured in an Aug. 26 spill at Chicago's Arlington Park, will undergo surgery for four fractured vertebrae at Luther General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill. at approximately 3:30 p.m. CDT.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight was taken to Lutheran General Hospital following an incident in the eighth race Aug. 27 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease