Jockey Michael Straight made positive progress in his recovery from four fractured vertebrae and other injuries when his toes moved on their own Jan. 5.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight, seriously injured in an Aug. 26 spill at Chicago's Arlington Park, will undergo surgery for four fractured vertebrae at Luther General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill. at approximately 3:30 p.m. CDT.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight was taken to Lutheran General Hospital following an incident in the eighth race Aug. 27 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos