Jockey Michael Straight made positive progress in his recovery from four fractured vertebrae and other injuries when his toes moved on their own Jan. 5.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight, seriously injured in an Aug. 26 spill at Chicago's Arlington Park, will undergo surgery for four fractured vertebrae at Luther General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill. at approximately 3:30 p.m. CDT.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight was taken to Lutheran General Hospital following an incident in the eighth race Aug. 27 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham