Jockey Michael Straight made positive progress in his recovery from four fractured vertebrae and other injuries when his toes moved on their own Jan. 5.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight, seriously injured in an Aug. 26 spill at Chicago's Arlington Park, will undergo surgery for four fractured vertebrae at Luther General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill. at approximately 3:30 p.m. CDT.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight was taken to Lutheran General Hospital following an incident in the eighth race Aug. 27 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow
- NY Fan Forum: Focus on Customer Service
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87