Jockey Michael Straight made positive progress in his recovery from four fractured vertebrae and other injuries when his toes moved on their own Jan. 5.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight, seriously injured in an Aug. 26 spill at Chicago's Arlington Park, will undergo surgery for four fractured vertebrae at Luther General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill. at approximately 3:30 p.m. CDT.
Apprentice jockey Michael Straight was taken to Lutheran General Hospital following an incident in the eighth race Aug. 27 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Revenue Down, Income Up for PNGI
- That Handicapping Show: Jim Dandy Stakes
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- Texas AG Asked to Rule on Historical Racing
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy