Michael Tabor's Left Bank is the 5-2 favorite in the nine-horse field that will contest Saturday's Cigar Mile (gr. I), the last grade I race of the year in New York.
Illusioned broke the Churchill Downs track record for 7 1/2 furlongs in earning his first career graded stakes win in Sunday's $114,300 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) on opening day of the fall meet at Churchill Downs.
Godolphin's Express Tour alternately pressed and set the early pace en route to winning Saturday's $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Under John Velazquez, Express Tour completed the one-mile race in 1:34.57 on a fast track.
Trainer Bobby Frankel earned another grade I victory Saturday when Squirtle Squirt went wire-to-wire to win the $200,000 King's Bishop Stakes at Saratoga. For Frankel, the win marks his third grade I stakes victory of the Saratoga meeting.
Dream Supreme earned her ninth win from 14 career starts Saturday at Calder, winning the $400,000 Princess Rooney Handicap (gr. III) by 4 3/4 lengths in the feature race of Calder's "Summit of Speed" card.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas