Arlington Park and the Illinois Thoroughbred Horseman's Association board of directors have agreed to trim stakes purses by $725,000 during 11 stakes races for the remainder of the 2010 meet, officials announced June 11.
Arlington Park management has reached an agreement with the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association (ITHA) to offer a bonus of up to 5% of the base purse of overnight races contingent upon the number of distinct wagering interests in the starting field.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud