The legislation authorizes slots at the racetracks and five new casinos.
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich Dec. 15 signed legislation that extends the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenue from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos.
The Illinois General Assembly has approved and sent to Gov. Rod Blagovich a bill that will extend the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenues from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos. The provision is estimated to be worth as much as $30 million a year and by law is divided 60% for purses and 40% for tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013