The legislation authorizes slots at the racetracks and five new casinos.
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich Dec. 15 signed legislation that extends the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenue from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos.
The Illinois General Assembly has approved and sent to Gov. Rod Blagovich a bill that will extend the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenues from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos. The provision is estimated to be worth as much as $30 million a year and by law is divided 60% for purses and 40% for tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Secretariat Photo Album
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar