The legislation authorizes slots at the racetracks and five new casinos.
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich Dec. 15 signed legislation that extends the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenue from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos.
The Illinois General Assembly has approved and sent to Gov. Rod Blagovich a bill that will extend the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenues from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos. The provision is estimated to be worth as much as $30 million a year and by law is divided 60% for purses and 40% for tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?