Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Nov. 30 they are close to a deal that would bring a casino to the Chicago Loop -- and, presumably, wider gaming expansion including slot machines at race tracks.
Legislation to expand gaming in Illinois remains alive as the legislature nears the scheduled adjournment date for its spring session. House Speaker Michael Madigan upped the ante by announcing Wednesday, May 24, that House Democrats see gaming as the most attractive source of new revenue for the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile