A record Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) week in terms of revenue helped Churchill Downs Inc. to a record-breaking second quarter in 2013.
The Illinois Racing Board on May 21 took the first, tentative step toward cutting back the state's racing schedule in light of a looming funding shortage and legislative inaction on corrective measures.
Hawthorne Race Course announced Feb. 22 that overnight purses at the track will increase by $12,000 per day, effective, a hike of approximately 15% that takes effect March 1.
At least two of the four companies conducting advance deposit wagering in Illinois are shutting down operations for Illinois residents because that form of wagering is now illegal in the Land of Lincoln.
At least three of four major advance deposit wagering companies continue to take bets from Illinois residents even though the action is illegal as of the beginning of the year, the Illinois Racing Board said Jan. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91