A record Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) week in terms of revenue helped Churchill Downs Inc. to a record-breaking second quarter in 2013.
The Illinois Racing Board on May 21 took the first, tentative step toward cutting back the state's racing schedule in light of a looming funding shortage and legislative inaction on corrective measures.
Hawthorne Race Course announced Feb. 22 that overnight purses at the track will increase by $12,000 per day, effective, a hike of approximately 15% that takes effect March 1.
At least two of the four companies conducting advance deposit wagering in Illinois are shutting down operations for Illinois residents because that form of wagering is now illegal in the Land of Lincoln.
At least three of four major advance deposit wagering companies continue to take bets from Illinois residents even though the action is illegal as of the beginning of the year, the Illinois Racing Board said Jan. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact