The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it will not review its decision to overturn the case against Susan Bala, the founder of Racing Services Inc. who was convicted in 2005 of illegal gambling.
Trainer Gregory Martin, who in March pleaded guilty to charges for his role in an alleged multimillion-dollar illegal gambling ring, was sentenced to two years probation with six months home confinement Sept. 28 during an appearance in a New York federal court.
Hong Kong's government is considering tax reform, a longer racing season, and new betting methods as it attempts to boost legal wagering on horse racing after losing ground to illegal and overseas gambling operators.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions