The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it will not review its decision to overturn the case against Susan Bala, the founder of Racing Services Inc. who was convicted in 2005 of illegal gambling.
Trainer Gregory Martin, who in March pleaded guilty to charges for his role in an alleged multimillion-dollar illegal gambling ring, was sentenced to two years probation with six months home confinement Sept. 28 during an appearance in a New York federal court.
Hong Kong's government is considering tax reform, a longer racing season, and new betting methods as it attempts to boost legal wagering on horse racing after losing ground to illegal and overseas gambling operators.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds