Rallying from last on the backstretch, favored Enterprising found room between horses in the drive and powered his way to victory in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) as racing returned to the turf at Del Mar.
Enterprising and Argyle Cut, separated by a neck when first and second, respectively, in the opening day Oceanside Stakes, battle again as turf racing returns to Del Mar Aug. 9 in the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer lost his leading candidate for the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. I) Feb. 15 when his undefeated colt Exit Stage Left sustained a training injury. But he had a good back-up plan.
First-out maiden winners Top Fortitude and Midnight Hawk each take a giant step into graded company as part of a field of six 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III) Jan. 11 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes