Local rivalry and international challenge spice up the April 28 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin in Hong Kong.
Trainer Mike de Kock sends out 13 runners on Dubai World Cup night, including Treasure Beach in the Dubai World Cup, and Igugu, The Apache, and Mushreq in the Dubai Duty Free. Watch Video
Breeders' Cup Turf and Arlington Million winner looks to add another rich purse in the $5 million Dubai Duty Free Sponsored by Duty Free (UAE-I) March 30 at Meydan.
Godolphin's Sajjhaa gamely drove between horses in the stretch to deny South African champion The Apache a win in the $300,000 Jebel Hatta (UAE-I), the finale on the Super Saturday card March 9.
South African star mare Igugu will be reunited with regular rider Anthony Delpech for the $300,000 Jebel Hatta (UAE-I) March 9 at Meydan as she returns to take on Godolphin's Sajjhaa, who defeated her two weeks ago.
Godolphin's Sajjhaa spoiled the highly anticipated return of South African Horse of Year Igugu in the Balanchine (UAE-II) Feb. 21, rolling past the overwhelming favorite in the Meydan stretch and drawing off for the win.
Pat Cummings presents an analysis of racing Feb. 21 at the Dubai World Cup Carnival at Meydan Racecourse in the United Arab Emirates. The card includes the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) and $200,000 Balanchine (UAE-II).
The $200,000 Balanchine (UAE-II) Feb. 21 at Meydan attracted seven entrants, but the field is overshadowed by the presence of South African Horse of the Year Igugu, who returns from a long layoff.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet