A long layoff proved no problem for the talented No Nay Never, who scored a front-running victory in the $150,000 Woodford Stakes Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIIT) Oct. 4 at Keeneland.
Making his first start in stakes company, front-running Tourist put away Storming Inti rounding the turn for home and spurted clear in the stretch to take the $100,000 Sir Cat Stakes on opening day at Saratoga July 18.
Trainer Wesley Ward, who saddled a 2-year-old stakes winner at the Royal Ascot meet, demonstrate his prowess with juveniles again June 20 at Belmont Park, sending out Bessie's Boy to a six-length victory in the Tremont.
Half Ours, a grade II winner, sired his first winner when his daughter Zingwella won Thursday, April 21, at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms