Keeneland's November sale continued running up huge gains at its penultimate session Nov. 13, staying on track to beat last year's figures across the board.
Eblouissante, half sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta, has returned to Betfair Hollywood Park after being purchased for $2.1 million Nov. 5 at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Eblouissante, a half sister to Horse of the Year Zenyatta, captivated attendees of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when the daughter of Bernardini commanded a price of $2.1 million Nov. 5.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Able to milk an easy lead for jockey Elvis Trujillo, Closing Range spurted away from favorites Ciao Bella and Havant at the head of the lane and went on to post a 19-1 upset in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Under a heady ride from Mike Smith, Mr. Commons split horses in the stretch and drew off to a convincing 3 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Dec. 26 opening day card at Santa Anita.
He's got two solid contenders for the Breeders' Cup World Championships this year, but for trainer John Shirreffs things are a whole lot calmer than they were in 2010 when he shipped Zenyatta to Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014