British-born Jacqueline Kandalaft-Gomez imparts basic dressage tenets to all of the young Thoroughbreds she exercises for trainer John Shirreffs, including Zenyatta's half sister, Eblouissante.
Keeneland's November sale continued running up huge gains at its penultimate session Nov. 13, staying on track to beat last year's figures across the board.
Eblouissante, half sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta, has returned to Betfair Hollywood Park after being purchased for $2.1 million Nov. 5 at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Eblouissante, a half sister to Horse of the Year Zenyatta, captivated attendees of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when the daughter of Bernardini commanded a price of $2.1 million Nov. 5.
Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Able to milk an easy lead for jockey Elvis Trujillo, Closing Range spurted away from favorites Ciao Bella and Havant at the head of the lane and went on to post a 19-1 upset in the $100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Under a heady ride from Mike Smith, Mr. Commons split horses in the stretch and drew off to a convincing 3 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Dec. 26 opening day card at Santa Anita.
He's got two solid contenders for the Breeders' Cup World Championships this year, but for trainer John Shirreffs things are a whole lot calmer than they were in 2010 when he shipped Zenyatta to Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico