Soaring Free goes for his third victory in the $230,800 Play the King Handicap (Can-II) and a tenth career win over the E.P. Taylor Turf Course on Saturday at Woodbine.
After saddling second-place finishers in three of the first four stakes races of the Woodbine meet, a last-to-first surge from Judiths Wild Rush in Saturday's Grade 3 $166,100 Vigil Stakes put trainer Reade Baker in the winner's circle for the first time in 2005.
Canadian champion A Bit O'Gold didn't find the softest spot for his 4-year-old debut in Saturday's $165,300 Vigil Stakes (Can-III) at seven furlongs.
Pin Oak Stable's I Thee Wed, the second-longest shot on the board, captured the $282,750 Nearctic Handicap (Can-II) for turf sprinters Sunday at Woodbine.
After stalking the pace throughout most of the 6 ½-furlong $141,250 Bold Venture Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, I'm the Tiger, piloted by Todd Kabel, pounced on his rivals.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November
- Elm Park Cruises to Easy Racing Post Tally
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Adelaide Strikes From Last to Win Cox Plate
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- BC 2014: California Chrome Work
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic