Three-year-old Brazen Beau pulled a huge upset March 14 in winning the Lexus Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) at Flemington, while Australian Horse of the Year Lankan Rupee not only was beaten but failed to place.
A son of I Am Invincible sold for the highest price of $300,000 ($US234,577) at the second session of the Inglis classic yearling summer sale Feb. 9 as robust trading continued in Sydney, Australia.
Darley in Australia has purchased Brazen Beau, one of Australia's best 3-year-old sprinters, and plans to launch his stud career during the 2015 Southern Hemisphere season.
Steady demand for quality horses was reflected by an 88.5% clearance rate through the first two days of Australia's Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale when the second session of six-day auction closed Jan. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking