James T. Hines Jr.'s homebred Lawyer Ron had the final word in Saturday's $268,000 Risen Star (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, romping to victory over six foes at the Fair Grounds meeting at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
The lone chance for 3-year-olds on the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks trail to make a name at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs comes on Saturday.
Mike McCarty's Private Vow, who ran last in a disastrous Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) effort last month, rolled to a 2 1/4-length win over six rivals in the $222,400 Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) for 2-year-olds on closing day at the Churchill Downs fall meet Saturday.
Mike McCarty's Private Vow, a dazzling nine-length winner of the Belmont Futurity (gr. I) but a victim of horrible luck in the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), is a strong favorite in a field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Saturday's 79th running of the $200,000-added Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Yankee Master carried meet leading jockey Rafael Bejarano to his fourth win of the afternoon in the $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon Stakes for 2-year-olds Friday at Keeneland.
Marylou Whitney Stable's International Cat, already a winner at the meeting, is part of a contentious field of eight 2-year-olds entered for Friday's $125,000 Woodford Reserve Bourbon at 1 1/16 miles on the Keeneland turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training