Talk about a hair-trigger decision. Following Curlin's victory in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), majority owner Jess Jackson said over he phone that the colt likely would ship to Santa Anita "in about a week" to test out the Pro-Ride surface. The next morning, Curlin was on a plane to California.
Adieu returned to the winner's circle for the first time since last fall's Frizette (gr. I) when she collared Amandatude inside the sixteenth pole and cruised to victory in the $500,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny