Talk about a hair-trigger decision. Following Curlin's victory in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), majority owner Jess Jackson said over he phone that the colt likely would ship to Santa Anita "in about a week" to test out the Pro-Ride surface. The next morning, Curlin was on a plane to California.
Adieu returned to the winner's circle for the first time since last fall's Frizette (gr. I) when she collared Amandatude inside the sixteenth pole and cruised to victory in the $500,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Equine Attorneys Group Elects Philpott
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch