Talk about a hair-trigger decision. Following Curlin's victory in the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I), majority owner Jess Jackson said over he phone that the colt likely would ship to Santa Anita "in about a week" to test out the Pro-Ride surface. The next morning, Curlin was on a plane to California.
Adieu returned to the winner's circle for the first time since last fall's Frizette (gr. I) when she collared Amandatude inside the sixteenth pole and cruised to victory in the $500,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Coil's First Starter Wins in California
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby