The New York State Racing and Wagering Board clarified July 28 that horses are banned from being entered in races if they have received hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment within one week of post time. The therapy is permitted otherwise.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be most easily recognized as the technology used to treat the "bends" or decompression sickness in divers.
Bob Baffert reports that his undefeated 2-year-old champion, Vindication, is doing well at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, where the $2.15 million son of Seattle Slew is recovering from a suspensory injury.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Blazing Speed to Try for Repeat in Hong Kong
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Palm Meadows to Remain Open For Summer
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double