The New York State Racing and Wagering Board clarified July 28 that horses are banned from being entered in races if they have received hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment within one week of post time. The therapy is permitted otherwise.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be most easily recognized as the technology used to treat the "bends" or decompression sickness in divers.
Bob Baffert reports that his undefeated 2-year-old champion, Vindication, is doing well at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, where the $2.15 million son of Seattle Slew is recovering from a suspensory injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente