The New York State Racing and Wagering Board clarified July 28 that horses are banned from being entered in races if they have received hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment within one week of post time. The therapy is permitted otherwise.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be most easily recognized as the technology used to treat the "bends" or decompression sickness in divers.
Bob Baffert reports that his undefeated 2-year-old champion, Vindication, is doing well at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, where the $2.15 million son of Seattle Slew is recovering from a suspensory injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule