The New York State Racing and Wagering Board clarified July 28 that horses are banned from being entered in races if they have received hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment within one week of post time. The therapy is permitted otherwise.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be most easily recognized as the technology used to treat the "bends" or decompression sickness in divers.
Bob Baffert reports that his undefeated 2-year-old champion, Vindication, is doing well at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, where the $2.15 million son of Seattle Slew is recovering from a suspensory injury.
Most Popular Stories
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes