The New York State Racing and Wagering Board clarified July 28 that horses are banned from being entered in races if they have received hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment within one week of post time. The therapy is permitted otherwise.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be most easily recognized as the technology used to treat the "bends" or decompression sickness in divers.
Bob Baffert reports that his undefeated 2-year-old champion, Vindication, is doing well at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, where the $2.15 million son of Seattle Slew is recovering from a suspensory injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Quiet Morning for Breeders' Cup Day 1
- The Outcrossing Advantage
- No Nay Never to Coolmore After BC Turf Sprint
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Louisiana Sale Reports Significant Gains
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Classic
- Brown Brings Talent Times Two Into F&M Turf