The New York State Racing and Wagering Board clarified July 28 that horses are banned from being entered in races if they have received hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment within one week of post time. The therapy is permitted otherwise.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be most easily recognized as the technology used to treat the "bends" or decompression sickness in divers.
Bob Baffert reports that his undefeated 2-year-old champion, Vindication, is doing well at Alamo Pintado Equine Medical Center in Los Olivos, where the $2.15 million son of Seattle Slew is recovering from a suspensory injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Day By Day
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Tamarando Tries Turf in Snow Chief Stakes
- Champion Steeplechaser Flatterer Dies at 35
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown
- Social Inclusion Breezes, Preakness Targeted