Epsom Downs Racecourse has announced 406 yearlings of 2012 have been initially entered in the 2014 Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I). The 235th renewal of the classic at Epsom will be June 7, 2014.
Book 1 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale in England saved the best for last. During the third and final session of the auction Oct. 11, a son of Galileo named Hydrogen commanded 2.5 million guineas ($4,200,609).
Earle I. Mack's Hydrogen, roused by a slap in the face, found room in the stretch Saturday and slipped through to win the $80,950 Stymie Handicap by a nose over 9-10 favorite Aggadan.
Chilean-import Tamburello picked up his first win in North America Wednesday with a 3 3/4-length score in the $75,000 Gallant Fox Handicap at Aqueduct. Tamburello covered the 1 5/8-mile distance over the inner-track in 2:43.95. Colita, the 4-5 favorite, was second, with Hydrogen a nose behind in third.
As the days of 2004 dwindle down, one of the last chances to grab black type on the year comes in Wednesday's $75,000 Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
One For Rose, last year's champion older female in Canada, challenges males in Monday's $163,350 Eclipse Stakes (Can-III) in her first test as a 5-year-old at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Live Saratoga Weekend Coverage from HRRN
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic