Jockey Patrick Husbands and trainer Mark Casse combined for a staggering 76 wins this year at Woodbine as each captured their respective 2007 championships.
Woodbine jockey Constant Montpellier was suspended for 150 days and fellow rider Patrick Husbands was slapped with a 60-day ban for a jockeys' room fight on Nov. 11.
Charles Laloggia's Skip Code, under Patrick Husbands, put forth an impressive effort in Monday's CAN$250,000 Grey Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) on the Thanksgiving Day card at Woodbine in Canada.
Canadian-bred Numerous Times remained undefeated, winning a photo with Affirmed Success to decide the victor and surviving an inquiry to win the Atto Mile (Can-IT) Sunday at Woodbine. Under Patrick Husbands, the 4-year-old son of Numerous completed the distance in course-record time of 1:32.79 on firm turf.
With Dancethruthedawn's half-length Queen's Plate win, the trophy for the opening leg of the Canadian Triple Crown is becoming more like an heirloom. Following in the footsteps of both her Queen's Plate-winning mother and brother, Sam-Son Farms' homebred Dancethruthedawn stalked the early leaders and rallied on the second turn to win Sunday's Queen's Plate Stakes at Woodbine over favored Win City.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding