Outsider Grand Arch, rallying through the long Woodbine stretch, caught favored Excaper in the final strides to register his first stakes win in the $187,759 King Edward (Can-IIT) June 22 on the turf.
Red Piano, a winning daughter of Red Ransom, fetched $150,000 from Jayne Johnson, agent, early in the Fasig-Tipton February winter mixed sale in Lexington Feb. 11.
Gross, average, and median during first session of January sale increase 30.4%, 16.6%, and 60%, respectively.
Spice Island, a grade II-winning daughter of Tabasco Cat, became the sale topper thus far at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she fetched $775,000 from Hunter Valley Farm, agent.
Negligee returned to the site of her former glory and made news again Jan. 10.
White Prince, a white yearling colt by Devil His Due, attracted a final bid of $60,000 to top the Jan. 16 session of Keeneland's January Horses of All Ages Sale, as gross numbers plummeted for the fifth consecutive day.
The Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale, a small boutique auction that offers quality horses, got off to what the company's chairman, D.G. Van Clief Jr., termed "a solid start " Aug. 4 in New York.
A strapping son of A.P. Indy, named Pyramid Indy, brought $1.2 million to kick off the opening session of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga selected yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Handle Down at Challenged Delaware Park Meet
- Canterbury Requests 70 Racing Dates for 2015
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back