A record average price reflected a strong market for weanlings at the Inglis Great Southern Sale in Melbourne June 22-23.
A trio of offspring by Australian leading sire Fastnet Rock commanded the top prices at the opening session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale Jan. 9.
Carnegie, winner of the 1994 Forte Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) for Sheikh Mohammed, has been euthanized because of the infirmities of age.
With confirmation that a broodmare in Australia has equine influenza, the foal crop is in jeopardy.
As its 2002 southern roster is about to assemble, Darley has confirmed the purchase of Kelvinside Stud in the Hunter Valley as the base for its Australian breeding base from 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic