Eight-year-old Rahystrada defends his title in the Colonial Turf Cup June 16 at Colonial Downs against a full field that includes five horses that ran in last month's Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT).
Hudson Steele stormed to the lead at the eighth pole then held off his rivals by 2 1/2 lengths in the $300,000 Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) May 19 at Pimlico Race Course.
One race before trainer Graham Motion saddles Went the Day Well in the May 19 Preakness (gr. II) at Pimlico Race Course, he will send out Augustin Stables' Smart Bid, the 7-2 overnight favorite in the Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT).
Humble and Hungry earned the first stakes victory of his career when he soared past his rivals near mid-stretch to easily upset the $111,200 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at rainy Churchill Downs Nov. 3.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred 3-year-old Big Blue Kitten received a perfect ground-saving trip under John Velazquez, scoring the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) in his stakes debut Aug. 12.
Street Game, winner of the Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) earlier this summer, was installed as the 8-5 favorite for the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds Aug. 12 at Saratoga.
Flying Zee Stables' Street Game set an easy pace and never looked back, crushing a good field of 3-year-old turf milers in the $100,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 18 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash