Trainer Bob Baffert has two offspring of Real Quiet on target for stakes engagements in Kentucky. Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) winner Pussycat Doll will likely defend her title in the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 5, while Perryville Stakes (gr. III) winner Midnight Lute is pointing for the Commonwealth Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at Keeneland April 14.
Miss Lodi, winner of the 2002 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III), has been retired. She is booked to A.P. Indy and is scheduled to be sold later this year.
Juddmonte Farm's Sightseek, a runner-up to Starrer in the recent Santa Margarita (gr. I) at Santa Anita, is the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a field of eight in the $200,000 Humana Distaff at seven furlongs for older fillies and mares at Churchill Downs.
After a two-day meeting in Lexington, Ky., the American Graded Stakes Committee on Thursday released the list of stakes races that will have graded status in 2002. As a result of the committee's review, which uses a five-year formula to assess races and assign graded status, there is a net gain of eight graded races in 2002, bringing to 486 the number of races assigned graded status from the 751 eligible races.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale