Trainer Bob Baffert has two offspring of Real Quiet on target for stakes engagements in Kentucky. Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) winner Pussycat Doll will likely defend her title in the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 5, while Perryville Stakes (gr. III) winner Midnight Lute is pointing for the Commonwealth Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at Keeneland April 14.
Miss Lodi, winner of the 2002 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III), has been retired. She is booked to A.P. Indy and is scheduled to be sold later this year.
Juddmonte Farm's Sightseek, a runner-up to Starrer in the recent Santa Margarita (gr. I) at Santa Anita, is the 2-1 morning-line favorite in a field of eight in the $200,000 Humana Distaff at seven furlongs for older fillies and mares at Churchill Downs.
After a two-day meeting in Lexington, Ky., the American Graded Stakes Committee on Thursday released the list of stakes races that will have graded status in 2002. As a result of the committee's review, which uses a five-year formula to assess races and assign graded status, there is a net gain of eight graded races in 2002, bringing to 486 the number of races assigned graded status from the 751 eligible races.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic