The Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association announced that Sue Leslie, its chairman, will assume the duties of the departing president Hector Clouthier.
Woodbine officials said a "softening" in wagering has led them to cut purses by 3% effective Sept. 10.
In the wake of the New York Racing Association's announcement it would require starters in the June 7 Belmont Stakes to be in a "stakes barn" about 24 hours before the race, officials at two major dual-breed racetracks said detention, or retention, has achieved its goals but continues to be assessed on a regular basis.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Surgically Treating 'Kissing Spines' in the Standing Horse
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity