The Ontario Horse Racing Industry Association announced that Sue Leslie, its chairman, will assume the duties of the departing president Hector Clouthier.
Woodbine officials said a "softening" in wagering has led them to cut purses by 3% effective Sept. 10.
In the wake of the New York Racing Association's announcement it would require starters in the June 7 Belmont Stakes to be in a "stakes barn" about 24 hours before the race, officials at two major dual-breed racetracks said detention, or retention, has achieved its goals but continues to be assessed on a regular basis.
Most Popular Stories
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud