The Racing Officials Accreditation Program, on its 2015 list of points of emphasis, is encouraging the horse racing industry to develop regulations to deal with the issue of program trainers.
A year after his first experience with the intense scrutiny that comes with the opening of the Saratoga Race Course meet, a more confident, knowledgeable, and experienced Chris Kay discussed the racing season.
In a special two-part video released June 3, NYRA's Chris Kay and two industry experts discuss the steps being taken to enhance equine safety and ensure the integrity of racing in New York.
Racing officials and regulators gathered April 1 acknowledged a need for transparency, consistency, and quick, cohesive action in response to high-profile incidents.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Delaware is taking a harder line on use of erythropoietin and similar blood-doping agents.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down