In a special two-part video released June 3, NYRA's Chris Kay and two industry experts discuss the steps being taken to enhance equine safety and ensure the integrity of racing in New York.
Racing officials and regulators gathered April 1 acknowledged a need for transparency, consistency, and quick, cohesive action in response to high-profile incidents.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Delaware is taking a harder line on use of erythropoietin and similar blood-doping agents.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Influence of His Majesty
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation