A year after his first experience with the intense scrutiny that comes with the opening of the Saratoga Race Course meet, a more confident, knowledgeable, and experienced Chris Kay discussed the racing season.
In a special two-part video released June 3, NYRA's Chris Kay and two industry experts discuss the steps being taken to enhance equine safety and ensure the integrity of racing in New York.
Racing officials and regulators gathered April 1 acknowledged a need for transparency, consistency, and quick, cohesive action in response to high-profile incidents.
Racing Commissioners International chairman Peter Burnett has named Larry Eliason of South Dakota as chairman of the organization's model rules committee. Burnett also named Rick Goodell of New York and Hugh Gallagher of Delaware as vice-chairmen of the committee.
Delaware is taking a harder line on use of erythropoietin and similar blood-doping agents.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Handicapping a Fantastic Travers Day
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga