Manlove, who was standing at Beverly Least's Foggy Bottom Farm near Geneseo, N.Y., was euthanized July 11 because of neurological problems.
Max Hugel, chairman of the board at Rockingham Park and a successful breeder/owner, died Feb. 19 at his Ocala, Fla., farm, after a long battle with cancer and related complications.
Proud Man earned his fourth grade III stakes win of the year Saturday, inching to the lead late in the stretch to win the $114,600 Hill Prince Stakes by a neck at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night