Manlove, who was standing at Beverly Least's Foggy Bottom Farm near Geneseo, N.Y., was euthanized July 11 because of neurological problems.
Max Hugel, chairman of the board at Rockingham Park and a successful breeder/owner, died Feb. 19 at his Ocala, Fla., farm, after a long battle with cancer and related complications.
Proud Man earned his fourth grade III stakes win of the year Saturday, inching to the lead late in the stretch to win the $114,600 Hill Prince Stakes by a neck at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill