Manlove, who was standing at Beverly Least's Foggy Bottom Farm near Geneseo, N.Y., was euthanized July 11 because of neurological problems.
Max Hugel, chairman of the board at Rockingham Park and a successful breeder/owner, died Feb. 19 at his Ocala, Fla., farm, after a long battle with cancer and related complications.
Proud Man earned his fourth grade III stakes win of the year Saturday, inching to the lead late in the stretch to win the $114,600 Hill Prince Stakes by a neck at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- KEEP Changes Include Staff, Expenditures
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board