A Shamardal colt sold for the highest price of 720,000 euros (U.S. $799,919) at the opening session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale, launching Europe's yearling auction season Aug. 15.
Night Visit, dam of 2013 Irish Derby (Ire-I) winner Trading Leather, sold to agent Hubie De Burgh for 975,000 ($1,333,819 in United States funds) to top Goffs February sale on closing day Feb. 13.
L'Agence Francaise president Phillipe Augier blamed buyers' selectivity and reduced home-based demand for a drop in figures at the Deauville, France company's flagship August yearling sale which took place Aug. 21-24.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Itsinthepost Breaks Through in San Luis Rey