A Shamardal colt sold for the highest price of 720,000 euros (U.S. $799,919) at the opening session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale, launching Europe's yearling auction season Aug. 15.
Night Visit, dam of 2013 Irish Derby (Ire-I) winner Trading Leather, sold to agent Hubie De Burgh for 975,000 ($1,333,819 in United States funds) to top Goffs February sale on closing day Feb. 13.
L'Agence Francaise president Phillipe Augier blamed buyers' selectivity and reduced home-based demand for a drop in figures at the Deauville, France company's flagship August yearling sale which took place Aug. 21-24.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement