A Shamardal colt sold for the highest price of 720,000 euros (U.S. $799,919) at the opening session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale, launching Europe's yearling auction season Aug. 15.
Night Visit, dam of 2013 Irish Derby (Ire-I) winner Trading Leather, sold to agent Hubie De Burgh for 975,000 ($1,333,819 in United States funds) to top Goffs February sale on closing day Feb. 13.
L'Agence Francaise president Phillipe Augier blamed buyers' selectivity and reduced home-based demand for a drop in figures at the Deauville, France company's flagship August yearling sale which took place Aug. 21-24.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Excessively Alike
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Gainesway launches new website
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System