Two advance deposit wagering companies operating through the hub system in Oregon recently had their annual license renewals tabled by the state's racing commission, but will be able to rectify the situation at an upcoming July 17 meeting.
Fueled by a record total from TVG, wagers handled through Oregon hubs jumped 19.7% for the third quarter of 2007, according to data released by the state's racing commission.
International Racing Group has contested a decision by the Oregon Racing Commission to suspend its state operating license, and will continue to conduct business through its hub pending an administrative law hearing.
An eight-hour power outage Sept. 14 shut down an Oregon wagering hub and cost three online wagering services about $100,000 in handle.
Youbet.com today announced the opening of its new Oregon wagering hub. The new hub allows Youbet.com customers access to racetracks previously available only through the TV Games Network. Along with the new hub, Youbet has adjusted its price. The service now charges a fee per transaction instead of a monthly fee.
Fair Grounds hopes a $20,000 fan appreciation weekend will help soothe angry bettors who were accidentally shutout of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) on March 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Casino Planned at Former Michigan Racetrack