Two advance deposit wagering companies operating through the hub system in Oregon recently had their annual license renewals tabled by the state's racing commission, but will be able to rectify the situation at an upcoming July 17 meeting.
- By Ryan Conley
Fueled by a record total from TVG, wagers handled through Oregon hubs jumped 19.7% for the third quarter of 2007, according to data released by the state's racing commission.
- By Ryan Conley
International Racing Group has contested a decision by the Oregon Racing Commission to suspend its state operating license, and will continue to conduct business through its hub pending an administrative law hearing.
An eight-hour power outage Sept. 14 shut down an Oregon wagering hub and cost three online wagering services about $100,000 in handle.
Youbet.com today announced the opening of its new Oregon wagering hub. The new hub allows Youbet.com customers access to racetracks previously available only through the TV Games Network. Along with the new hub, Youbet has adjusted its price. The service now charges a fee per transaction instead of a monthly fee.
Fair Grounds hopes a $20,000 fan appreciation weekend will help soothe angry bettors who were accidentally shutout of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) on March 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup