Legislation that would prohibit use of credit or money transfers for Internet gambling has been introduced in the House of Representatives and referred to the Committee on Financial Services. At the very least, the measure could impact pari-mutuel operations that employ Internet wagering platforms. HR 556, titled the "Unlawful Internet Gambling Funding Prohibition Act," was sponsored by Republican Rep. James Leach of Iowa and filed Feb. 12. Leach introduced similar legislation last year, but it failed to gain support.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner