Legislation that would prohibit use of credit or money transfers for Internet gambling has been introduced in the House of Representatives and referred to the Committee on Financial Services. At the very least, the measure could impact pari-mutuel operations that employ Internet wagering platforms. HR 556, titled the "Unlawful Internet Gambling Funding Prohibition Act," was sponsored by Republican Rep. James Leach of Iowa and filed Feb. 12. Leach introduced similar legislation last year, but it failed to gain support.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11