Legislation that would prohibit use of credit or money transfers for Internet gambling has been introduced in the House of Representatives and referred to the Committee on Financial Services. At the very least, the measure could impact pari-mutuel operations that employ Internet wagering platforms. HR 556, titled the "Unlawful Internet Gambling Funding Prohibition Act," was sponsored by Republican Rep. James Leach of Iowa and filed Feb. 12. Leach introduced similar legislation last year, but it failed to gain support.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm