Legislation that would prohibit use of credit or money transfers for Internet gambling has been introduced in the House of Representatives and referred to the Committee on Financial Services. At the very least, the measure could impact pari-mutuel operations that employ Internet wagering platforms. HR 556, titled the "Unlawful Internet Gambling Funding Prohibition Act," was sponsored by Republican Rep. James Leach of Iowa and filed Feb. 12. Leach introduced similar legislation last year, but it failed to gain support.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm