Eclipse Award-winning jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, who has been sidelined with a tear in his shoulder muscle since a spill at Hollywood Park on Dec. 12, has been cleared to ride by doctors and should be aboard his first horses for workouts Thursday morning, agent Michelle Barsotti said.
Madame Pietra, a 6-year-old mare who has quietly developed into one of the better female sprinters in the nation, seeks her fourth straight stakes victory in the $100,000-added Desert Stormer Handicap for fillies and mares at six furlongs on Saturday.
Trainer Bruce Headley recently made his case for assigning less weight to his champion sprinter Kona Gold, who finished sixth and last in the Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) in his last start Jan. 26.
The verdict is in and Madame Pietra has been flown to Florida to participate in the Filly and Mare Sprint on Sunshine Millions Day.
Seeking to recapture the form she displayed last winter and spring, The Thoroughbred Corporation's Habibti will tangle with Madame Pietra in the $70,000-added Corona Handicap for fillies and mares Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Trainer Howie Zucker, whose Crafty C.T. was selected to run in the Breeders' Cup Sprint, has been to the Breeders' Cup before, but never with a horse of his own.
Most Popular Stories
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Sea The Stars Filly Tops Day 2 of Orby Sale
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing