"I'm overwhelmed with joy that so many of these horses went on to become great racehorses and productive broodmares," Taylor said. "I hope it shows others that rehabilitating Thoroughbreds can be a rewarding experience."
Probable 2011 Canadian champion 2-year-old male Maritimer has been sold but the owner is apparently not controversial Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.
Maritimer made a strong case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion 2-year-old male when he coasted to victory in Woodbine's $167,307 Display Stakes Nov. 27.
Favored Maritimer took the lead coming off the far turn and held off his rivals through the stretch to win the $246,263 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double