"I'm overwhelmed with joy that so many of these horses went on to become great racehorses and productive broodmares," Taylor said. "I hope it shows others that rehabilitating Thoroughbreds can be a rewarding experience."
Probable 2011 Canadian champion 2-year-old male Maritimer has been sold but the owner is apparently not controversial Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.
Maritimer made a strong case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion 2-year-old male when he coasted to victory in Woodbine's $167,307 Display Stakes Nov. 27.
Favored Maritimer took the lead coming off the far turn and held off his rivals through the stretch to win the $246,263 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining