"I'm overwhelmed with joy that so many of these horses went on to become great racehorses and productive broodmares," Taylor said. "I hope it shows others that rehabilitating Thoroughbreds can be a rewarding experience."
Probable 2011 Canadian champion 2-year-old male Maritimer has been sold but the owner is apparently not controversial Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.
Maritimer made a strong case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion 2-year-old male when he coasted to victory in Woodbine's $167,307 Display Stakes Nov. 27.
Favored Maritimer took the lead coming off the far turn and held off his rivals through the stretch to win the $246,263 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud