"I'm overwhelmed with joy that so many of these horses went on to become great racehorses and productive broodmares," Taylor said. "I hope it shows others that rehabilitating Thoroughbreds can be a rewarding experience."
Probable 2011 Canadian champion 2-year-old male Maritimer has been sold but the owner is apparently not controversial Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.
Maritimer made a strong case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion 2-year-old male when he coasted to victory in Woodbine's $167,307 Display Stakes Nov. 27.
Favored Maritimer took the lead coming off the far turn and held off his rivals through the stretch to win the $246,263 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test