Steve Swindal, the New York Yankees executive embroiled in divorce proceedings with the daughter of George Steinbrenner, has dropped out of Excelsior Racing Associates, one of four groups vying to win the New York Thoroughbred franchise whose proposals were made public April 5.
After meeting with its newly hired security consultant, the New York Racing Association on Wednesday said it has begun a review of its practices already under investigation by state and federal authorities.
New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer said he came away from a one-hour meeting with New York Racing Association Chairman Barry Schwartz convinced that NYRA will now be taking steps to improve the operations he sharply criticized last month following a three-year investigation.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Podcast: Haskin's Racing Review for April 1
- Ready for Rye Looms in Bay Shore Stakes
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge