Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, was euthanized Nov. 18 at Mill Ridge Farm, owned by Alice Chandler and her husband, Dr. John Chandler, near Lexington.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, has been pensioned at Mill Ridge Farm.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Derby by the Speed Numbers