Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, was euthanized Nov. 18 at Mill Ridge Farm, owned by Alice Chandler and her husband, Dr. John Chandler, near Lexington.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, has been pensioned at Mill Ridge Farm.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse