Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, was euthanized Nov. 18 at Mill Ridge Farm, owned by Alice Chandler and her husband, Dr. John Chandler, near Lexington.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, has been pensioned at Mill Ridge Farm.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia