Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, was euthanized Nov. 18 at Mill Ridge Farm, owned by Alice Chandler and her husband, Dr. John Chandler, near Lexington.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, has been pensioned at Mill Ridge Farm.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet