Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, was euthanized Nov. 18 at Mill Ridge Farm, owned by Alice Chandler and her husband, Dr. John Chandler, near Lexington.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
Diesis, an English champion and prominent Kentucky stallion, has been pensioned at Mill Ridge Farm.
Dermot O'Rourke, former director of the Irish National Stud, bought historic Plantation near Newmarket, England, for an undisclosed sum.
Kris, a champion racehorse and sire in England, died Thursday at Lord John Howard de Walden's Plantation Stud. He was 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus