Sam Houston Race Park will offer $1.7 million in stakes for its 2014 Thoroughbred meet, which spans 32 days from Jan. 17-March 11.
A freshened Joyful Victory was too much to handle for her rivals in the inaugural $400,000 Houston Ladies Classic at Sam Houston Race Park on the night of Jan. 26, setting a track record while drawing away for an easy win.
The inaugural running of the $400,000 Houston Ladies Classic -- -the richest race run at Sam Houston Race Park since it opened in 1994 -- -will feature round three for rivals Joyful Victory and Brushed by a Star.
Sam Houston Race Park will open its 20th live racing season when it kicks off its 2013 meet on Friday, Jan. 18, with average daily purses in excess of $165,000
Sam Houston Race Park revamps stakes schedule for 2013, offers "Ship Assist" program for owners who start horse in Houston Ladies Classic and undercard stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell