Houston, a high-priced sale yearling who developed into a multiple graded stakes winner, died April 12 from the infirmities of old age at Ren-Mar Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Pimlico Race Course held the show to showcase the versatility of Thoroughbreds.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
The Fund for Horses, a Texas-based group dedicated to the protection of the country's equine population, will have an informational table at Lone Star Park on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, Saturday, Oct. 30, as well as on the previous two days.
Sam Houston Race Park ended its 82-day Thoroughbred meet with an increase in attendance but a decrease in on-track wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Lexington Horseman Snellings Dies at Age 81
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win