Houston, a high-priced sale yearling who developed into a multiple graded stakes winner, died April 12 from the infirmities of old age at Ren-Mar Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Pimlico Race Course held the show to showcase the versatility of Thoroughbreds.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
The Fund for Horses, a Texas-based group dedicated to the protection of the country's equine population, will have an informational table at Lone Star Park on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, Saturday, Oct. 30, as well as on the previous two days.
Sam Houston Race Park ended its 82-day Thoroughbred meet with an increase in attendance but a decrease in on-track wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online