Houston, a high-priced sale yearling who developed into a multiple graded stakes winner, died April 12 from the infirmities of old age at Ren-Mar Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Pimlico Race Course held the show to showcase the versatility of Thoroughbreds.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
The Fund for Horses, a Texas-based group dedicated to the protection of the country's equine population, will have an informational table at Lone Star Park on Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Day, Saturday, Oct. 30, as well as on the previous two days.
Sam Houston Race Park ended its 82-day Thoroughbred meet with an increase in attendance but a decrease in on-track wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks