Legislation that would allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund money to be awarded to horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races in the state advanced March 19.
A look at the financial dealings of the multimillion-dollar Kentucky Health and Welfare Fund, a benevolence organization that already has been the subject of a review by the Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts, will continue later this year, legislators said during a Feb. 12 hearing.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Post Kentucky Derby News Update for May 3
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Bob Baffert Reflects on Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness
- Filly Completes Guineas Double for Coolmore