Legislation that would allow Kentucky Thoroughbred Development Fund money to be awarded to horses entered for a tag in some allowance/optional claiming races in the state advanced March 19.
- By Tom LaMarra
A look at the financial dealings of the multimillion-dollar Kentucky Health and Welfare Fund, a benevolence organization that already has been the subject of a review by the Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts, will continue later this year, legislators said during a Feb. 12 hearing.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks