The Barretts October yearling sale bounced back from its decline a year ago with a $175,000 sale topper and an average that climbed 14.8% from 2013.
Long Hot Summer, a Street Boss filly raised at the same ranch as California Chrome, topped the Barretts May 2-year-old sale at $260,000. She was one of seven six-figure horses at the sale, held May 12 in Pomona, Calif.
Wasted Tears, undefeated on the Lone Star Park turf, took the field nearly all the way in winning the $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) May 25 in track-record time in her graded stakes debut May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Group I Winner Bahri Retired From Stud Duty
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point