The Barretts October yearling sale bounced back from its decline a year ago with a $175,000 sale topper and an average that climbed 14.8% from 2013.
Long Hot Summer, a Street Boss filly raised at the same ranch as California Chrome, topped the Barretts May 2-year-old sale at $260,000. She was one of seven six-figure horses at the sale, held May 12 in Pomona, Calif.
Wasted Tears, undefeated on the Lone Star Park turf, took the field nearly all the way in winning the $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) May 25 in track-record time in her graded stakes debut May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- TimeformUS Ky Derby Prep Trip Notes Excerpt
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders