The Barretts October yearling sale bounced back from its decline a year ago with a $175,000 sale topper and an average that climbed 14.8% from 2013.
Long Hot Summer, a Street Boss filly raised at the same ranch as California Chrome, topped the Barretts May 2-year-old sale at $260,000. She was one of seven six-figure horses at the sale, held May 12 in Pomona, Calif.
Wasted Tears, undefeated on the Lone Star Park turf, took the field nearly all the way in winning the $200,000 Ouija Board Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) May 25 in track-record time in her graded stakes debut May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation