She's beaten most of them before, but undefeated Zenyatta won't be lonely in the starting gate when she defends her title in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar on Aug. 9.
A 129-pound impost wasn't enough to stop the undefeated champion Zenyatta, who earned a repeat win in the Vanity Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park June 27 for her 11th consecutive victory.
Black Mamba, a New Zealand mare who scored her first American stakes victory in last year's Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, is back to defend her title June 28 in the $150,000 grass event.
Unbeaten champion Zenyatta will break from the far outside in the $300,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park June 27 as she goes after her 11th consecutive triumph. The strapping 5-year-old mare will carry 129 pounds and will spot her seven rivals from 13 to 18 pounds.
Undefeated Zenyatta, last year's champion older female, gets her 2009 campaign off to a slightly belated start when she carries top weight of 126 pounds in Hollywood Park's $150,000 Milady Handicap (gr. II) May 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park