The action on the grass at Gulfstream Park is heating up with two graded turf stakes for older horses and a grass event for 3-year-old fillies highlighting the action.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Richard, Elaine and Bert Klein's Hot Mail breezed over a "good" track at Churchill Downs on Monday and trainer Steve Flint said the homebred daughter of Souvenir Copy was a strong candidate to run in Saturday's 60th running of the 1 1/16-mile, $200,000 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 27, 2016