The action on the grass at Gulfstream Park is heating up with two graded turf stakes for older horses and a grass event for 3-year-old fillies highlighting the action.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Richard, Elaine and Bert Klein's Hot Mail breezed over a "good" track at Churchill Downs on Monday and trainer Steve Flint said the homebred daughter of Souvenir Copy was a strong candidate to run in Saturday's 60th running of the 1 1/16-mile, $200,000 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer