The action on the grass at Gulfstream Park is heating up with two graded turf stakes for older horses and a grass event for 3-year-old fillies highlighting the action.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Richard, Elaine and Bert Klein's Hot Mail breezed over a "good" track at Churchill Downs on Monday and trainer Steve Flint said the homebred daughter of Souvenir Copy was a strong candidate to run in Saturday's 60th running of the 1 1/16-mile, $200,000 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- Songbird Fleet in First Work Back