The action on the grass at Gulfstream Park is heating up with two graded turf stakes for older horses and a grass event for 3-year-old fillies highlighting the action.
Thomas Van Meter's Be Gentle arrived at Churchill Downs early Tuesday afternoon and is expected to join the field for Saturday's 60th running of the Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II), a 1 1/16-mile race for 2-year-old fillies.
Richard, Elaine and Bert Klein's Hot Mail breezed over a "good" track at Churchill Downs on Monday and trainer Steve Flint said the homebred daughter of Souvenir Copy was a strong candidate to run in Saturday's 60th running of the 1 1/16-mile, $200,000 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding