Passed by Memorette in upper stretch, odds-on favorite Sharp Lisa refused to give in, coming back powerfully in the final sixteenth of a mile to tally a three-quarters of a length win in the $250,000 Las Virgenes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Saturday.
The jury may still be out on Real Quiet as a sire, but as far as Bob Baffert is concerned, when it comes to the fast-developing Pussycat Doll, the verdict is nearly in.
Sharp Lisa, the 9-10 favorite, wore down No Bull Baby in the stretch run and scored a 1 1/2-length victory in the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies on the Martin Luther King Jr. Day card at Santa Anita Park.
Sharp Lisa, a strong second in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) last month, is the clear standout in Monday's $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity