Kentucky Downs, which just wrapped up its 2014 meet with record pari-mutuel handle and average field size in excess of 10 horses per race, will request two additional racing days for September 2015.
Tampa Bay Downs and Hialeah Park haven't amended their plans for live racing dates for the 12-month period that begins July 1, though they have until Feb. 28 to do so.
Gulfstream Park moved ahead of Tampa Bay Downs during November in Florida's three-way competition for host-track simulcast business, according to data released Dec. 12 by the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering.
Calder Casino & Race Course is planning a mid-December move of its poker room from its racing building to its casino building, perhaps in an effort to increase revenue.
Tampa Bay Downs finished first again in August in Florida for host-track revenue on import simulcasts, and it appears that questions about the track's year-round eligibility for host status will remain unresolved for now.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title