Assembly member Jerome E. Horton announced legislation Dec. 7 to combat illegal substances in California racehorses, in particular milkshakes.
Breeders' Cup day started off with a bang, longshot Wishingitwas taking the D.R. Horton Metroplex Mile, the one stakes run at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, prior to the eight World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Legislation allowing California Thoroughbred or fair associations to distribute signals from Canada, Australia and Canada and accept wagering from facilities across the state was signed Aug. 17 by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill that would raise the take-out on California exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point -- expected to reach the state's assembly floor Thursday -- has been delayed until Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires