Assembly member Jerome E. Horton announced legislation Dec. 7 to combat illegal substances in California racehorses, in particular milkshakes.
Breeders' Cup day started off with a bang, longshot Wishingitwas taking the D.R. Horton Metroplex Mile, the one stakes run at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, prior to the eight World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Legislation allowing California Thoroughbred or fair associations to distribute signals from Canada, Australia and Canada and accept wagering from facilities across the state was signed Aug. 17 by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill that would raise the take-out on California exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point -- expected to reach the state's assembly floor Thursday -- has been delayed until Jan. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Luxair Jets Official Eclipse Awards Partner
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm