Turfway Park recorded increases in all-sources and average daily pari-mutuel handle during its recently concluded 2015 winter/spring meet. Field size and purses also showed gains during the 2015 meet.
WinStar Farm's Royal Son, who already has a solid victory on Turfway's Polytrack surface, drew the rail and most likely will be favored to capture the $550,000 Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral Stakes (gr. III) March 21.
WinStar Farm's homebred Royal Son found a change of scenery and equipment to his liking as evidenced by a strong front-end victory in the $125,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes Feb. 28 at Turfway Park.
The Great War, a promising colt who finished fourth in last year's Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) is set to make his 2015 debut in the $75,000 96ROCK Stakes for 3-year-olds Jan. 31 at Turfway Park.
Grade I winners Tamarando and We Miss Artie head the list of probables for the $550,000 Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral Stakes (gr. III) March 22 at Turfway Park.
The $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park March 2 attracted a full field of 3-year-olds loaded with possibilities even if there are a few that figure to draw heavy action.
As expected, Horseshoe Cincinnati will be the title sponsor of the 42nd running of the Spiral Stakes held at sister property Turfway Park March 23.
Turfway Park is expected to soon announce this year's Spiral Stakes will be sponsored by Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati, the under-construction gaming facility owned by its parent company.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points