Officials at Turfway Park, which begins its four-month run of live racing Dec. 1, are hoping response at the entry box for the first two programs continues through December and into next year.
The highlight of the winter/spring meet is the Spiral Stakes, now under title sponsorship of Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati. The race for top 3-year-olds is scheduled for March 22.
The gaming partnership that is part of the Turfway Park ownership group has focused on putting new energy, and money, into the Northern Kentucky track's biggest race day.
As expected, Horseshoe Cincinnati will be the title sponsor of the 42nd running of the Spiral Stakes held at sister property Turfway Park March 23.
Rock Gaming LLC, a partner in a casino being built in Cincinnati, Ohio has requested Kentucky Horse Racing Commission approval to purchase a part interest in Turfway Park in northern Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll
- Maker Trio Heads Muniz Memorial Handicap