Officials at Turfway Park, which begins its four-month run of live racing Dec. 1, are hoping response at the entry box for the first two programs continues through December and into next year.
The highlight of the winter/spring meet is the Spiral Stakes, now under title sponsorship of Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati. The race for top 3-year-olds is scheduled for March 22.
The gaming partnership that is part of the Turfway Park ownership group has focused on putting new energy, and money, into the Northern Kentucky track's biggest race day.
As expected, Horseshoe Cincinnati will be the title sponsor of the 42nd running of the Spiral Stakes held at sister property Turfway Park March 23.
Rock Gaming LLC, a partner in a casino being built in Cincinnati, Ohio has requested Kentucky Horse Racing Commission approval to purchase a part interest in Turfway Park in northern Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream