Horses and Hope, an initiative that works within the equine industry to educate, promote awareness of, and raise funds for detection and treatment of breast cancer, has two upcoming events.
Churchill Downs has presented checks totaling nearly $200,000 to fundraising partners who joined the track in the celebrations of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) Friday, May 4, and the third annual "Taste of Derby" party May 3.
Churchill Downs Inc. reported record total wagering for the 138th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) day program of $39.9 million.
The online voting process to determine who will march in this year's Survivors Parade presented by Kroger on Kentucky Oaks Day at Churchill Downs will close March 23 at 5 p.m. ET.
The Churchill Downs Inc. Foundation, Churchill Charities announced June 30 it will contribute $160,122 in charitable initiative proceeds derived from Kentucky Oaks Day May 6 and Taste of Derby.
Komen for the Cure among four groups to receive checks from Churchill Downs.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure will once again partner with the Kentucky Oaks to raise awareness for breast cancer with numerous on-track events on Oaks Day, including a "Pink Out" and survivors parade.
"Horses and Hope," a new program designed to promote breast cancer awareness in Kentucky's horse industry, will be the focus of a special "Horses and Hope Day at the Races" Nov. 16 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch