Horses and Hope, an initiative that works within the equine industry to educate, promote awareness of, and raise funds for detection and treatment of breast cancer, has two upcoming events.
Churchill Downs has presented checks totaling nearly $200,000 to fundraising partners who joined the track in the celebrations of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) Friday, May 4, and the third annual "Taste of Derby" party May 3.
Churchill Downs Inc. reported record total wagering for the 138th Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) day program of $39.9 million.
The online voting process to determine who will march in this year's Survivors Parade presented by Kroger on Kentucky Oaks Day at Churchill Downs will close March 23 at 5 p.m. ET.
The Churchill Downs Inc. Foundation, Churchill Charities announced June 30 it will contribute $160,122 in charitable initiative proceeds derived from Kentucky Oaks Day May 6 and Taste of Derby.
Komen for the Cure among four groups to receive checks from Churchill Downs.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure will once again partner with the Kentucky Oaks to raise awareness for breast cancer with numerous on-track events on Oaks Day, including a "Pink Out" and survivors parade.
"Horses and Hope," a new program designed to promote breast cancer awareness in Kentucky's horse industry, will be the focus of a special "Horses and Hope Day at the Races" Nov. 16 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Paulick Presented With Bergstein Award
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds