Former Breeders' Cup executive Carter Carnegie has been appointed international executive for Great British Racing International, an entity established to attract new foreign investment in the sport.
British horse racing is coming to terms with the loss of one its most respected administrators following the death of Sir Tristram Ricketts the morning of Nov. 7. Ricketts was 61.
The Equine Fertility Unit near Newmarket, England, is set to close later this year following the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's decision not apply for a continuation of core funding from the Horserace Betting Levy Board.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million