An 11-member advisory panel has been named by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association to help formulate grass roots lobbying and assist the NTRA's Horseplayers' Coalition address issues that affect players at the federal level.
Legislation that would eliminate the automatic 25% federal withholding on pari-mutuel winnings of $5,000 or more on wagers of at least 300-1 was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives July 29.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced April 22 the formation of the Horseplayers' Coalition, a consortium of horseplayers whose common objective is to seek legislative and regulatory solutions to tax and business issues that impact racing fans and pari-mutuel racetracks.
Top three finishers earn an automatic berth in the championship in Las Vegas next year.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Daily Racing Form have announced a National Handicapping Championship Tour that will offer additional prize money and qualifying births to the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship, and have launched a coalition that will target legislation related to pari-mutuel wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product