In its annual report released July 15, the NTRA noted strides it made in the past fiscal year to work with horseplayers to improve horse racing.
Actor Dick Van Patten, a longtime racing fan, owner, and horseplayer, died June 23 at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., from complications of diabetes. He was 86.
We need to help each potential fan, horseplayer, or owner make that personal connection. Read Blog
The HorsePlayer magazine, a handicapping periodical launched in 1994 and published six times a year, said March 29 it would no longer accept advertisements from offshore wagering hubs for its magazine or Web site. The decision is effective immediately.
Woobine Entertainment Group has extended its telephone wagering services to patrons of the Flamboro Downs harness track, about 40 miles south of Toronto.
By Larry Levin -- Horseplayers are the plankton of Thoroughbred racing, and get about as much respect. Plankton are the tiny organisms at the bottom of the oceanic food chain. If they were suddenly to disappear, life in the sea would plummet, probably to the point of extinction.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby