In its annual report released July 15, the NTRA noted strides it made in the past fiscal year to work with horseplayers to improve horse racing.
Actor Dick Van Patten, a longtime racing fan, owner, and horseplayer, died June 23 at Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., from complications of diabetes. He was 86.
We need to help each potential fan, horseplayer, or owner make that personal connection. Read Blog
The HorsePlayer magazine, a handicapping periodical launched in 1994 and published six times a year, said March 29 it would no longer accept advertisements from offshore wagering hubs for its magazine or Web site. The decision is effective immediately.
Woobine Entertainment Group has extended its telephone wagering services to patrons of the Flamboro Downs harness track, about 40 miles south of Toronto.
By Larry Levin -- Horseplayers are the plankton of Thoroughbred racing, and get about as much respect. Plankton are the tiny organisms at the bottom of the oceanic food chain. If they were suddenly to disappear, life in the sea would plummet, probably to the point of extinction.
Most Popular Stories
- Taking Shergar
- Mike Hushion Back Where He Belongs
- Dubai Turf Ultimate Target for Euro Charline
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 2/9/2016
- East Vs. West in Second Derby Future Wager
- Flashy American, Funfair Light Up Bid Board
- WinStar Derby Challenge Begins Feb. 12
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed Sale Posts Declines